- Make sure you always have the
version of F-Prot Antivirus
installed on your computer and
update the virus signature files
- Be extremely careful when opening e-mail from anyone you do not know. Attachments are especially dangerous. Never run an attachment unless you know exactly what it is, even if it appears to have been sent to you by someone you know. Most worms have the ability to falsify the "From" address.
- Make sure that your operating system
is up-to-date. If you are using Windows,
use Windows Automatic Updates and
download the service packs when they are
released. For more information on keeping
Windows up-to-date, please visit
Windows Update web site.
- If you are using
Internet Explorer / Outlook Express
or Office / Outlook, make
sure that you always have the latest versions. Old versions may contain
security holes that are used by virus writers to access your computer. Please visit
Windows Update web site to update Internet Explorer and Outlook Express and
Office Update web site to update Office and Outlook.
- Use a firewall. When you are browsing the Internet, the firewall creates a shield between your computer and
possible malicious content on the Internet. For more information click
- Scan all removable media (CD-ROMs, floppy disks, USB keys, external hard drives etc.) before you open or run any content on it.
- Scan all files that you receive through the IRC, MSN, ICQ, Kazaa and other such on-line services.
- Use software that detects ad-ware and spyware. For more information click