F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
New User Guide
Due to diminishing support from Microsoft for Windows 98, 98SE and ME, the
version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows has been ceased with the current subscription.
FRISK Software will continue its support and the virus signature files updates
for a few more months but will be discontinued completely sometime later this year.
This is slightly ahead of the previously announced schedule. For further information, see
Life cycle policy for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
This guide offers an introduction to help you get started using F-PROT Antivirus.
Note: The download and installation procedure below is intended for registered users with F-PROT Antivirus for Windows Home version only.
For detailed instructions on installing F-PROT Antivirus for Windows - Corporate and Mail Servers, you may click the appropriate links below:
- Browse to our download center at http://www.f-prot.com/download/
- Enter your Customer Number and click Sign In to logon to the Customer Zone.
If you are having problems logging in to the Customer Zone, please see I cannot login to the Customer Zone.
- In the Customer Zone, click the arrow for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows Home Use (see below).
In the new window, click the download arrow for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows 98/98SE/ME, Version 3, Internet Update to start downloading the program (see below).
- In the "File Download" window, click either Run/Open or Save to download and install the program files on your computer.
In the "Internet Explorer - Security Warning" window that appears (only on Windows XP SP2), click Run.
- Run/Open -- Allows you install the files immediately.
- Save -- Allows you to save the file to your hard disk.
Click Setup to unpack the files and install them on your computer.
Once the download is finished you are ready to install F-PROT Antivirus.
In the "InstallShield Wizard" window, click Next to start the installation.
Click Yes to accept all the terms of the preceding End-User License Agreement.
Click Next to start copying the files to your computer. The default destination path is C:\Program Files\FSI\F-PROT.
Select the type of Setup you prefer, then click Next (see below).
Type a new folder name, or select one from the existing folder list. Click Next to continue.
Review the settings you have selected to install, then click Next (see below).
Click Next to run the Updater immediately (recommended).
Enter you Customer Number and check "Remember my Customer Number", then click OK (see below).
Your computer now needs to restart. Select either Yes or No to finish.
The Updater enables to download the virus signature files from the Internet (default), local network or the proxy server.
You may need to set up the Updater the first time you update the virus signature files.
To update the virus signature files:
- Run F-PROT Antivirus
- Click on the Updater button
- From this window, select either Internet (on-line) or Local network (LAN) (if you use LAN connection
you have to specify the update location).
- If you are using a proxy server, select the Internet (on-line) and then click the Settings
button and enter the required information in "Proxy settings".
You may also need to enter your Customer Number the
first time you perform updates. Please enter your Customer Number exactly like it was in the invoice e-mail you received.
Then check the "Remember my Customer Number" box, so you do not have to enter your Customer Number the next you check for updates.
- Click Update and the Updater will download the latest virus signature files.
The next time you update, skip the steps 3 & 4 or simply click the "Virus signature files are available" from the
main menu. Please note that this message changes depending of the status of the virus signature files. For further information, see ).
New virus signature files are issued once a week at average and sometimes even several times a day to quickly respond
a virus threat. For your convenience, use the F-PROT Scheduler (one of the components of F-PROT Antivirus) to automatically run updates at your convenient time.
For further information, see Updating automatically.
We highly recommend performing a full scan the first time you use F-PROT Antivirus to ensure your computer is clean
from viruses, worms, Trojans and other malicious software.
To run a full scan:
- Run F-PROT Antivirus.
- Click on OnDemand Scanner button from the main menu. Then, you should see a window similar to the one shown below. If not,
you must have open the advanced scan window. If so, you may click on the Normal button.
If you would like to disable, add, edit or delete a task, you may click the Advanced button.
- Click Browse then click Drives. From this window, select Hard drives. If you have network drives, select
Network drives as well and then click OK.
- Click the Scan Now button to start scanning with its default scan settings.
We highly recommend scanning your computer about once every month if nothing
comes up. If, however, you get a notice of an infection you will have to scan your computer immediately.
For your convenience, use the F-PROT Scheduler to automatically run
a full scan on your computer at your convenient time. To create a scheduled task, do the following:
- Run F-PROT Antivirus.
- From the main menu, click Scheduler.
- Under New time task, click Normal.
- From this window, enter the name of the scheduled task and then specify all your desired settings.
- Click Save.
F-PROT Antivirus features the RealTime Protector which scans and disinfects all files that are
accessed on your computer, including e-mail attachments. Please note of the following:
In Microsoft Outlook and similar e-mail programs:
Attachments are scanned when an attempt is made to run/open them.
We do not have a specific Outlook scanner, but we are currently working
on a solution for Outlook.
In Qualcomm’s Eudora and similar programs:
Because attachments are immediately saved to a folder they are scanned
as the mail is downloaded.
For further information, see
For useful information on general computer safety, please click here.