F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Here you will find step-by-step instructions with technical how-to information on configuring, installing,
uninstalling, updating, administering F-PROT Antivirus.
Please select the appropriate category
Download and Installation
- Downloading and installing F-PROT Antivirus.
- Uninstall F-PROT Antivirus.
- What to do if you receive an invalid login when registering online.
- What to do if you had the trial version and you are unable to install the licensed version.
- What to do if you are repeatedly being redirected back to the Customer Sign-in page when downloading the program.
- What to do if you receive a cookie error when signing in to the Customer Zone.
- What to do if you cannot access the downloading page in the Customer Zone after a successful logon.
Subscription and Subscription Key
- Buy a subscription within the program.
- Get a trial subscription within the program.
- Upgrade from trial to the registered version of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- Check the status of your subscription.
- Obtain a Subscription Key.
- Enter the Subscription Key in the program.
File system protection, Outlook e-mail protection and Internet Explorer protection
- Set up the automatic scanners.
- Enable and disable the automatic scanners.
- Confirm the status of the automatic scanners.
- Exclude files from the automatic scanners.
Virus scan and Disinfection
- Virus removal instructions.
- Removal instructions for Agent
- Run a virus scan on my computer.
- Perform a manual scan.
- Perform a full scan on my computer.
- Scan individual files or folders.
- Scan my computer with the F-PROT Antivirus Command-Line Scanner.
- Disinfect infected compressed archives.
- Eliminate the infection in the "C:\system volume information\restore" folder.
- Test F-PROT Antivirus with EICAR test file.
Advanced program settings (advance scan, scheduled scan, exclusions, backup files, logs and more..)
- View, add, run, change or delete advanced scan.
- View, add, delete or edit scheduled tasks.
- View, add or delete excluded files, folders, and extensions.
- View, rescan, restore or remove the quarantined items.
- Automatic scanning of quarantined items.
- View, restore or remove the backed up files.
- View event logs.
- Modify the event log size.
- Filter the event type for fprotlog.
- Report all scanned objects in scan report.
- Report possible unwanted applications.
- View scanned reports.
- Customize advanced scan report.
Updating and upgrading
- Get the latest version of F-PROT Antivirus.
- Update the virus signature file.
- How to keep my program up to date.
- Upgrade to the latest version of F-PROT Antivirus.
- Set up automatic updates
- Set up local network update location.
- Check for updates.
- Set up your proxy server.
- What to do if you receive a "Unable to connect to server" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Your subscription has expired" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Update location not found" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Your subscription key is invalid" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Subscription key doesn't match client application" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Error in server communication" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Failed to install updates" error message.
- What to do if you receive a "Subscription key is missing" error message.
- Enable and disable password protection.
- What to do if you forgot your password (password protection).
- Make a sound when a virus is found.
- Display F-PROT Antivirus icon in the system tray.
- Check which version of F-PROT Antivirus I am running.
- Stop or restart FProtTray.exe.
- Stop or restart F-PROT Antivirus system service (FPAVServer.exe).
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Disable System Restore.
- Delete unnecessary files using Disk Cleanup.
- What to do if you think that F-PROT Antivirus is slowing down your computer.