||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Please note that version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows has been released. We recommend that all Home, Corporate and Mail Server users of
version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows upgrade their program to the newest version as soon as possible.
Error message that appears:
"Updater: No connection (The system cannot find the file specified.)"
The reason for this error is that the F-PROT Updater is unable to connect to the Internet.
This is most likely a temporary issue. Therefore we urge you to try to update the virus signature files again
if this error occurs. If the problem persists please check the following
- Check the connection. If you are not connected
to the Internet, an update of the virus signature files via the Internet will not function.
- What version of F-PROT Antivirus is installed? Please make sure you have the latest version available. The current version is
184.108.40.206. Please upgrade if necessary.
- Do you have a firewall installed? Many personal firewalls take it upon themselves to close all traffic unless it is explicitly opened.
Make sure that the Updater is “allowed” through to update.
- Do you connect through a proxy? F-PROT Antivirus Updater does not support Proxy authentication, i.e. you cannot set user and
password to connect through proxy.
- Do you have Internet Explorer installed on your computer? Please note that you have to Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer installed
on your computer to be able to use the Updater. Check whether Internet Explorer is set to “work offline”. If that is the case set it
to “work online”.
- Make sure that your Customer Number is correct. If you do not remember your Customer Number, please
contact our sales department and include the name that was used to purchase the license.
- If none of the above solves your problems contact support.