||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Please note that version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows has been released. We recommend that all Home, Corporate and Mail Server users of
version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows upgrade their program to the newest version as soon as possible.
Error message that appears:
"Updater: No connection (The server name or address could not be resolved)"
The reason for this error is that the Updater could not find the needed information from the DNS.
This is most likely a temporary issue. Therefore we urge you to try to update the virus signature files again if this error occurs.
If the problem persists please check the following
- Check the connection. If you are not connected to the Internet, an update
of the virus signature files via the Internet will not function.
- What version of F-PROT Antivirus is installed? Please make
sure you have the latest version available. The current version is 188.8.131.52. Please upgrade if necessary.
- Do you have a firewall installed? Many personal firewalls take it upon themselves to close all traffic unless it is explicitly opened.
Make sure that the Updater is “allowed” through to update.
- Do you connect through a proxy? F-PROT Antivirus Updater does not
support Proxy authentication, i.e. you cannot set user and password to connect through proxy.
- Do you have Internet Explorer
installed on your computer? Please note that you need to have Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer installed on your computer to be able to use
the Updater. Check whether Internet Explorer is set to “work offline”. If that is the case set it to “work online”.
- Make sure that your Customer Number is correct. If you do not remember your Customer Number, please
contact our sales department and include the name that was used to purchase the license.
- If none of the above solves your problems