||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Please note that version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows has been released. We recommend that all Home, Corporate and Mail Server users of
version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows upgrade their program to the newest version as soon as possible.
Error message that appears:
The reason for this error is that F-PROT Antivirus Updater is unable to connect to the Internet.
- Check the connection. If you are not connected to the Internet, an update of the virus signature files via the Internet
will not function.
- What version of F-PROT Antivirus is installed? Please make sure you have the latest version available.
The current version is 18.104.22.168. Please upgrade if necessary.
- Do you have a firewall installed? Many personal firewalls take it upon themselves to close all traffic unless
it is explicitly opened. Make sure that the Updater is “allowed” through to update.
- Do you connect through a proxy? F-PROT Antivirus Updater does not support
Proxy authentication, i.e. you cannot set user and password to connect through proxy.
- Do you have Internet Explorer installed on your computer? Please note that you have to
Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer installed on your computer to be able to use the Updater.
Check whether Internet Explorer is set to "work offline". If that is the case set it to "work online".
- Make sure that your Customer Number is correct. If you do not remember your Customer Number, please
contact our sales department and include the name that was used to
purchase the license.
Please see also, How to enter your Customer Number in the program.
- If none of the above solves your
problems contact support.