||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Please note that version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows has been released. We recommend that all Home, Corporate and Mail Server users of
version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows upgrade their program to the newest version as soon as possible.
This tool will automatically uninstall version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus from your system.
- Download the Automatic Uninstaller from here: http://forum.f-prot.com/public/fpav3ex.exe. A save as window appears, save the file to your Desktop.
We recommend that you close any running applications and save your work before proceeding.
- Double-click on the program icon on the desktop (fpav3ex). You may see a command line window flash on the screen, this process does not take a long time.
- REBOOT. F-PROT 3 should now be completely removed.
The tool will:
- Attempt to locate the installation folder for F-PROT for Windows v3 and quit if it can't. If it can't find it in the registry it tries to find it inside %ProgramFiles%.
- unregister the shell extension
- locate and remove the FStopW.sys driver
- locate and remove the update scheduler service
- try to find running instances of FPAV3 programs (e.g. the tray icons) and kill them
- remove several registry keys used only by FPAV3
- auto-run registry entries for FPAV3
- attempt to kill remaining FPAV3 processes that couldn't be killed earlier
- search for and remove any and all shortcuts that point into the FPAV3 program root from: Quicklaunch, Startup folder, Start menu -> Program, and the Desktop folder (both for the current user and "All Users")
- remove those directories it left behind empty (where it deleted shortcuts)
- remove all files from the program root or schedule them for removal upon reboot if the normal removal fails
- remove the InstallShield database left behind by the InstallShield (un)installer
- (optionally) delete itself upon reboot
Tested with the English, Icelandic and German versions 3.16f (German: 5.16) on Windows XP. Should work flawlessly with Windows 2000 or later (see prerequisites below).
- Windows 2000 or later. No support for Windows 9x/ME at the moment (feedback appreciated regarding this!).
- Administrator privileges
fpav3ex.exe MD5: 62aad7eee1c7c4a118f24807121896e7