||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
F-PROT Antivirus version 6 supports Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and 2008, including support
for 64-bit operating systems. Users with a valid subscription can upgrade to version 6 at no additional
cost, as all updates are included in the subscription fee.
When upgrading from an older version to version 6 it is recommended that you first uninstall version 3.x.
Please follow the below steps to proceed with the upgrade:
Uninstall version 3
It is recommended to uninstall version 3 like any other program:
- Click Start > (Settings >) Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Locate F-Prot for Windows, click it and then click Remove.
- If you are asked to restart the computer after uninstalling, please do so.
If this does not work, you may need to follow these steps to remove version 3 using the automatic
- Download the Automatic v3 uninstaller from here.
- Save the file to your desktop, save your work and close any running applications before proceeding.
- Run the uninstaller on the desktop (fpav3ex or fpav3ex.exe).You may see a command line window flash on the
screen, this process does not take a long time.
- Restart the computer. Once done, F-PROT version 3 will have been removed and you are ready to install version 6.
Downloading and installing version 6
- Sign in to the Customer Zone by entering
your Customer Number.
- Now click the arrow below "download".
- Select the appropriate package:
32-bit Internet Updates - For home users & smaller businesses, obtains updates via the Internet.
64-bit Internet Updates - Same as above, but specifically for 64-bit operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 2008).
32-bit LAN Updates - For larger businesses, where an administrator handles deployment and configuration.
64-bit LAN Updates - Same as above, but specifically for 64-bit operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, 2008).
- Important: Note the Subscription Key (What's that?)
on the page. Select it and copy it for pasting it later during installation.
(Not used in the LAN Update packages)
- If the download hasn't already started, click the red arrow to start the download. Save the file to your Desktop.
- Now close all application and run the installation (fpav-windows...msi) from the desktop.
- Important: During installation, you'll need to insert the Subscription Key. If you copied it previously, you can paste it by pressing CTRL + V.
The LAN Update package does not take a Subscription Key but a LAN path.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation. When asked to restart the computer, please do so.
If you are having problems logging in to the Customer Zone, please see I cannot login to the Customer Zone.