||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
F-PROT Antivirus provides automatic updates to help protect your computer from the latest
Internet threats by delivering security updates right to your computer automatically. It is the easiest and most reliable
way to make sure that you get new security updates as soon as they become available.
When you set up automatic updates, we strongly recommend that you set it to be as automatic as possible.
This gives you the greatest assurance that security updates are installed on your computer as soon as they are available.
As long as the F-PROT Antivirus system service is running and your computer is connected to the Internet,
F-PROT Antivirus will regularly check for updates. If there are new security updates available, they are automatically downloaded and installed for you.
This usually happens in the background and the process does not slow your computer.
Please note that you can not schedule the delivery of security updates. The available automatic update
options are efficient and reliable enough to deliver security updates to your computer as soon as they are available.
To set up the delivery of your updates:
- Run F-PROT Antivirus.
- Click the Updates menu.
- Under Updates, select Settings.
- In the Update settings window, select either of these automatic update options under Automatic update.
- Completely automatic update (recommended) -- F-PROT Antivirus automatically downloads and installs new security updates without user interaction (default). For further information, see Updating F-PROT Antivirus
- Download updates automatically but let me install them -- F-PROT Antivirus automatically downloads new security updates, then displays an
update icon in the system tray when updates are ready to be installed. This icon will remain in the
system tray until the installation of security updates is complete. Please note that a yellow graphic symbol is displayed on "Update settings" if this option is selected. For detailed instructions on installing updates manually, see Updating F-PROT Antivirus
- Notify me when updates are ready to be downloaded or installed -- F-PROT Antivirus displays an update icon
in the system tray when new updates are available to download or to install. This icon will remain in the
system tray until the download and installation of security updates is complete. Please note that a yellow graphic symbol is displayed on "Update settings" if this option is selected. For detailed instructions on downloading and installing manually, see Updating F-PROT Antivirus
If you are using a proxy to connect to the internet,
fill out the proxy settings form. For further information, see
How to set up your proxy server