||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
By default, F-PROT Antivirus is set to show its icon in the system tray. If F-PROT Antivirus icon is
not visible in the system tray, please restart your computer. If it does not solve the issue, do the following:
There are two possible reasons why F-PROT Antivirus icon is not visible in notification area.
- First, the process FProtTray.exe is stop or not running. Please check the process in Windows Task Manager.
To check if FProtTray.exe is stop or not running:
- Press Ctrl-Shift-Delete key on your keyboard at once to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab where all .exe files running are displayed.
- Under Image name, find FProtTray.exe.
If FProtTray.exe is running, then proceed to the second possibility.
If you do not find FProtTray.exe in the Process tab, please run the file.
To run FProtTray.exe:
Second, F-PROT Antivirus icon is not allowed to be shown in notification area.
- In Windows Task Manager, click the File menu and select New Task (Run).
- Enter the path C:\Program Files\FRISK Software\F-PROT Antivirus\FProtTray.exe (default location)
and click OK. Then, F-PROT Antivirus icon is displayed in notification area immediately.
If the program is installed in different location, click Browse to locate the file.
To set F-PROT Antivirus to show its icon in system tray:
- Run F-PROT Antivirus.
- Click the Help menu.
- Under Settings, select General.
- In this window, check the Show icon in tray (default) check box under "Other settings"
to display F-PROT Antivirus icon in the system tray.
- Click Save.