||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- Check your Internet connection. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, F-PROT Antivirus
will be unable to connect to the server.
- Do you have a firewall installed? Many personal firewall's take it upon themselves to close all traffic
unless it is explicitly opened. Please make sure that F-PROT Antivirus is 'allowed' through to update.
The F-PROT Antivirus uses port 80 (HTTP) to update.
- Do you connect through a proxy? Make sure you entered the right port in the
proxy settings. The
F-PROT Antivirus uses port 80 (HTTP) to update.
- Do you have Internet Explorer installed on your computer? Please note that you need Internet Explorer 5.0 or
newer installed on your computer so that F-PROT Antivirus can update. For further information, see What are the system requirements for F-PROT Antivirus?
- Make sure that your Subscription Key is entered in the program and
is not expired. Remember, version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus requires a valid Subscription Key to be able to download updates.
You may buy a subscription or
get a trial subscription to obtain a Subscription Key.
For registered subscribers, if you do not remember your
Subscription Key, see How to obtain a subscription key.
If none of the above solves the problem, please contact technical support.