||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- Version 6 supports Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2000. If you have Windows 98, 98SE and ME, please install version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus. For further information, see system requirements of F-PROT Antivirus.
- F-PROT Antivirus automatically checks for operating system updates during the installation. If you do not have the latest Windows service packs installed on your computer, the program may offer you to visit Microsoft Update.
- F-PROT Antivirus may detect the previous version installed on your computer and offer you to uninstall the program.
In that case, you may remove the previous version of F-PROT Antivirus but DO NOT restart your
computer when the uninstallation has completed to continue with the installation of the
version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus. If you need step-by-step instructions, see
Upgrading from version 3 to version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
- F-PROT Antivirus will automatically be installed at the boot partition (disk volume that contains the Windows operating system files e.g. C:\) then followed by the folders "Program files\FRISK Software\F-PROT Antivirus for Windows". If you would like to
install the program in different location, see What are the Windows Installer command-line options?
- For Corporate and Mail Servers users, please read the Setup_Guide.pdf
(also included in the LAN Update package) for further information on how to setup the version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows Corporate in the network.
- Go to our download center at http://www.f-prot.com/download/. In the download page, do the following:
For registered users, log into the Customer Zone by entering your Customer Number.
In the Customer Zone, download the appropriate product (see below). Save the file on your Desktop.
When the download starts, your Subscription Key is displayed (see below). Please take note of your Subscription Key because you may need to enter it in the program during the installation.
If you are having problems logging in to the Customer Zone, please see I cannot login to the Customer Zone.
For trial users, please download the trial version of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows.
- To start installing F-PROT Antivirus, go to your Desktop and double-click the file fpav-windows-x86-hc-en-x.x.x.x.msi (where x.x.x.x stands for version number) to open Setup.
- In the "Security Warning" dialog box, click Run and the installation begins.
- Click Next to continue the installation.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next to proceed.
- Select the shortcuts you want to install. These shortcuts are selected by default. You may deselect the particular shortcut you do not want to be installed. Click Next and the features you selected will be installed immediately.
For F-PROT Antivirus for Windows Home and the Internet Update package of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows Corporate and Mail Servers only.
Enter your Subscription Key or get a trial subscription (see below). Please note that when the Subscription Key is entered, F-PROT Antivirus will update
the virus signature file and run a full scan on your computer. Click Next to proceed.
- Desktop shortcut - Select this option if you want to add F-PROT Antivirus icon on your desktop.
- Start menu shortcuts - Select this option if you want to add F-PROT Antivirus icon in start menu.
For registered users, enter your Subscription Key.
For trial users, select Get trial subscription key and enter your name and e-mail address. Once your application is granted, your
Subscription Key is automatically added in the program.
For the LAN Update package of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows Corporate and Mail Servers only.
Enter the shared update location (see below).
Click Finish to exit the installation.
Your computer needs to restart. Click either Yes or No.