||F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Please note that version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows has been released. We recommend that all Home, Corporate and Mail Server users of
version 3 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows upgrade their program to the newest version as soon as possible.
F-PROT Antivirus OnDemand Scanner scans and detects infection on archives thoroughly but unfortunately it does not
disinfect infected files found. To clean the infected files within archives, do the following:
- Disable the RealTime Protector so that it will not interfere with the decompression process. Right-click
the F-StopW in system tray and select Disable.
- Locate the ZIP archive that you want to scan and decompress it using an archive utility e.g. *Winzip, PKZIP and others.
- After the decompression, right-click the file or folder and select Scan with F-PROT for Windows
to scan for infections. F-PROT Antivirus will then scan and disinfect the infected files immediately.
- Compress the files again after the scan.
- Remember to enable the RealTime Protector after the scan! Click the RealTime Protector button from the
* FRISK Software do not support or recommend these programs.