The new version of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows, Corporate is a powerful antivirus program.
Automatic and Flexible Updates
F-PROT Antivirus for Windows, Corporate, features an improved update system.
The LAN Update version offers the ability to centralise control and management of virus signature file downloads, by delegating that task to a single machine running the Internet Update version.
This machine can act as a virus signature file and setting file server for all the F-PROT Antivirus LAN Update clients on your network.
- Advanced heuristics-based detection defends against new and unknown threats
- Flexible management of program settings
- Choice of either Internet Update or LAN Update versions
- Automatic file system protection that scans and disinfects all file types, including those downloaded by web browsers and e-mail applications
- Improved, automated virus signature file updates and software upgrades
- More advanced detection of malicious programs
- Suspicious/infected files are automatically backed up into a safe quarantine area before they are disinfected or deleted
- Exclude files from automatic and manual scan
- Schedule tasks to scan for viruses at a specified time and date
- Password protection to prevent unauthorized modification of your settings
- Protection against malicious ActiveX code downloads (such as Microsoft ActiveX Controls or installs)
- Many, many more details on the features of F-PROT Antivirus can be found in the datasheet.
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 2000 Professional and Server
- Windows XP Home and Professional
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows Home Server
- Windows 7
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows 2008 Server R2
- Windows 8
- Hardware requirements:
- 80 MB of available hard-disk space
- 800x600 display resolution (1024x768 or higher recommended)
- Supported Microsoft programs:
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 and newer
- Microsoft Office 2000 and newer
F-PROT Antivirus for Windows on Mail Servers
To use the F-PROT Antivirus scanner on a Windows Mail Server a F-PROT Antivirus for Windows on Mail Servers license is required. This license category differs from the general F-Prot Antivirus for Windows for corporate users license in that it covers use that the general license does not: F-Prot Antivirus for Windows on Mail Servers applies to mail servers, mail relays and mail gateways, i.e. computers that provide mail services to a network, either for incoming or for outgoing e-mail.
High-quality, efficient virus scanning is essential for any mail server. E-mail is still one of the most common ways for viruses and other malware to spread. The most effective way of stopping the spread of malware onto a network and beyond is at the server. F-PROT Antivirus for Windows on Mail Servers includes a Command Line Scanner (fpscan.exe) that can be used with third party mail server software such as Declude and MailEnable. Information on how to use the software with such programs can be found on www.declude.com and www.mailenable.com.