F-PROT Antivirus for Exchange is only compatible with Exchange 2000 Server, Exchange 2003 Server and Windows Small Business Server 2000 as well as Windows Small Business Server 2003.
No chain is stronger than its weakest link and it is therefore vital to have up-to-date antivirus protection on every workstation within a network. Stopping a virus in its tracks before it infects any one of your workstations is the most secure way of ensuring that your network stays unharmed.
F-PROT Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange, built on the award-winning F-Prot Antivirus scanning engine, is the antivirus solution for companies needing to protect their Exchange servers. Simple to use and configure via Microsoft Management Console, F-PROT Antivirus for Exchange provides customers with real-time detection and removal of viruses, worms, Trojans and other malicious code from e-mail and attachments at server level, before they reach the workstations. By centralizing the updating and monitoring of the virus signature files, administrators can ensure that the whole system is constantly protected against the latest virus threats.
F-PROT Antivirus for Exchange now uses the same next-generation engine as our F-PROT Antivirus for Windows version 6, which improves detection rates and virus signature file updates among other things.
F-PROT Antivirus for Exchange is designed for use on Exchange 2000 Server, Exchange 2003 Server as well as Windows Small Business Server 2000 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. F-Prot Antivirus for Exchange can therefore provide its high-speed, high-quality protection to both small-, as well as large-scale users of Windows servers.
- Antivirus protection for Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server
- Protection against malicious ActiveX code downloads (susch as Microsoft ActiveX Controls or installs)
- Fast scanning of all incoming e-mail and attachments
- Fast scanning of Microsoft Outlook outgoing e-mail and attachments
- Light on system resources
- Microsoft Management Console for easier system administration
- Automatic deletion of incoming mass-mailing worms and viruses (on Exchange 2003)
- Disinfection of incoming mass-mailing worms and viruses (on Exchange 2000)
- Faster, lighter automatic virus signature file updates over the Internet
- Malicious e-mails and/or attachments quarantined in the Quarantined Items folder
- Simple selection of required security level
- Significantly enhanced industry-leading antivirus engine includes advanced heuristic scanning
- Integration with all the latest Microsoft Exchange Servers
- Outstanding speed
- Easy to install, simple to use
- Proactive protection against unknown threats
- Easier and safer network administration
- Reduced network traffic
- Improved protection of your workstations
- Excellent technical and customer support included in annual license fee
The following are minimum system requirements only, actual requirements will vary depending on the nature of your environment.
Any one of the following combinations of Microsoft Exchange on Windows servers is required for the use of F-PROT Antivirus for Exchange:
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 (SP1) on Windows 2000 Server (SP2)
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 Server (SP3)
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server
- Windows Small Business Server 2000 (Microsoft Exchange 2000)
- Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Microsoft Exchange 2003)