Security Bulletins for December 2006
Microsoft Security Bulletins for December report the release of seven security updates, three of which are rated "critical" and four rated "important". An end-user version of this update summary is also available.
These updates patch against vulnerabilities that could potentially allow for remote code execution or elevation of privilege on affected computers. In addition to the Windows operating systems, affected applications include Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and Visual Studio 2005.
Users are advised to patch their systems against these vulnerabilities immediately. Patches can be downloaded via links posted within the appropriate Security Bulletins or by visiting Microsoft Update.
We recommend that users patch their systems by downloading and installing critical Microsoft updates as soon as possible.
Users are also encouraged to update their antivirus software daily and to install a firewall on their computers, if they have not done so already. For more information on firewalls, please read Microsoft's tutorial on how to protect your PC.
Security Bulletins for December 2006 Severity
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-072 - [KB925454]
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-073 - [KB925674]
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-078 - [KB923689]
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-074 - [KB926247]
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-075 - [KB926255]
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-076 - [KB923694]
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-077 - [KB926121]